Director of Regulatory Affairs
Announcement Date: January 19, 2015
Application Deadline: February 27, 2015
The California Cotton Ginners and Growers Associations (CCGGA) and the Western Agricultural Processors Association (WAPA) are seeking Director of Regulatory Affairs. This position is slated to begin Monday, March 23rd, 2015.
This position is an entry level position, but the Association will consider applicants with experience in the Association’s areas of interest. This position is a full time, exempt employee status position that will report to the President/CEO.
• Provide support and analysis on regulatory and legislative issues related to air quality, water quality, worker safety, food safety, pesticides, labor, taxes and how they affect the cotton and tree nut industries
• Provide administrative support for day to day operations and duties, as well as industry meetings, Association meetings and membership relations and development
• Provide support for the industry information and outreach including the Associations’ website and social media sites (Linked In)
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university with major in agriculture, business, safety, engineering, environment or political science
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to accomplish tasks w/ minimal supervision
• Good customer service skills
• Effective communicator and planner
• Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks
• Ability to travel 20% of the time within state and 2% of the time within US
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access & Outlook)
Compensation will include a competitive salary, paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental benefits, as well as an employer funded retirement program. More details are available by contacting Roger Isom at (559)252-0684 or email at email@example.com.
Interested individual should mail their resume with a letter explaining their interest to:
Roger A. Isom
1785 N. Fine Avenue
Fresno, CA 93727